Each year, The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) funds over 100,000 German and international students und researchers around the globe – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind. Recently the DAAD Head Office renewed and expanded its In-Country/ In-Region Scholarships for Postgraduates in Southern Africa. Applications can be submitted until May 15, 2017.
This program, which is funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, seeks to strengthen and expand DAAD’s regional network of high-quality academic partners offering development-related Master and/or PhD studies which are geared towards capacity building and strengthening of teaching and research staff.
DAAD is therefore looking for institutions which can provide postgraduate academic degree programs with the capacity of contributing to sustainable development. For this purpose, all higher education institutions from South Africa and Southern Africa, wishing to participate as partner institutions in the program, are invited to submit their application. Subsequently, successfully affiliated institutions will be supported with a quota of Master and/or doctoral scholarships.
Scholarships funding criteria
- Selected institutions that are affiliated with the program. These will receive a maximum quota of scholarships (both In-Country and In-Region with an emphasis on In-Region scholarships) for (post)graduates program or individual doctorates. This call for applications is therefore aimed at Southern African higher education institutions wishing to participate as host institution in the program.
- Development-related Master or Doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Southern Africa.
- Funding for students to study at higher education institutions in their home countries
- Southern African universities, research institutes and (research) networks which offer high quality Master programs, doctoral programs, or individual doctorates which are geared towards capacity building of teaching and research staff are eligible
Application deadline is May 15, 2017
- Funding for Southern African students to study in the region.
- South African universities, research institutes and (research) networks which offer high quality Master programs, doctoral programs, or individual doctorates which are geared towards capacity building of teaching and research staff.
Deadline: May 15, 2017