The Goethe-Institut in Johannesburg has launched a brand new state-of-the-art library, including a Gamebox and a creative innovation hub called Hub@Goethe!
The Goethe-Institut is currently accepting applications from suitable individual or group creative projects and tech-driven startups for a free six month residency.
This call is open to all creatives, innovators, developers and entrepreneurs over the age of 18 with specific sustainable projects.
Benefits of working at the Hub@Goethe
Hub@Goethe does not only offer a desk and a chair. Here’s what you can expect during your residency period:
- Fully Equipped Work Space – Members will have access to a laptop computer, desk, community discussion table, meeting and presentation space, lounge area and unlimited high speed internet connection
- Community – Hub@Goethe is aimed at building a creative and startup community. Members will be part of a vibrant community of like-minded creative entrepreneurs who will be ready to share ideas and help you find solutions and also provide motivation
- Entrepreneur Support and Development – Hub@Goethe will institute an entrepreneur development programme that includes one-on-one mentorship, events and round-table discussions. Top business leaders will be invited to give regular talks and presentations and members will have access to training events hosted by other hubs that collaborate with Hub@Goethe
- Gamebox – Members working on game development projects may use the Gamebox to test and showcase their games
- Library – Hub@Goethe is located inside the Goethe-Institut Johannesburg library and members may to join the library (R80 per year). There is a cafeteria on site for the much needed caffeine boost. A range of meals and snacks are available for sale
- Community Investment – Members will have an opportunity to give back to the community through participating in eSkills Connect, which is a project that brings together diverse individuals to gain and share basic digital literacy skills.
Application deadline: August 31, 2017
Contact: 011-442 3232 or firstname.lastname@example.org