For each service it is imperative to schedule an appointment. In order to maintain “social distancing” at all times, please be punctual for your appointment. Please only schedule appointments for urgent matters and cancel appointments early if you cannot keep them.
For the following matters it is possile to schedule an appointment online.
Appointments can only be scheduled for up to 4 weeks in advance. Should you not be able to schedule an appointment due to no slot being available, please continue trying on a daily basis.
- Signature authentication
- Certification of copies
- Name declaration
- Birth registration
- Marriage registration
- Urgent consular certification
(e.g. certificate required for relocation to Germany)
- Collection of passport
- Collection of police clearance certificates
- Collection of name certificates, birth certificates, marriage certificates
- Application for national visa for the purpose of family reunification, work**, study (exclusively for these purposes)
**Applicants for visas as skilled workers with a pre-approval from the competent German foreigners authority in accordance with Sect. 81a Aliens Act (fast-track procedure), who cannot book an appointment within the next 2 weeks through the online booking system, may contact the Embassy to request a special appointment. Submission of the pre-approval will then be requested.
For the following matters appointments have to be scheduled individually (please explain the type of service and its urgency in detail)
- Citizenship matter (application)
- Collection of citizenship certificates/naturalization certificates/certificates for the retention of German Citizenship
For each service it is imperative to schedule an appointment.
In order to maintain “social distancing” at all times, please be punctual for your appointment, otherwise your appointment will be forfeited.
For the following matters you can schedule an appointment online at the Consulate General in Cape Town:
- Passport applications
- Name declarations
- Registration of births
- Registration of marriages
- Application for a national visa
(visas can only be issued in accordance with the Coronavirus-Schutzverordnung)
For the following matters appointments have to be scheduled individually:
- notarisations (e.g. acknowledgement of paternity, certificate of inheritance)
- signature authentications
- consular certifications
- applications for citizenship matters