For each service it is imperative to schedule an appointment. Appointments can only be scheduled for up to 4 weeks in advance. Should you not be able to schedule an appointment due to no slot being available, please continue trying on a daily basis.
Please only schedule appointments for important or urgent matters.
In order to maintain “social distancing” at all times, please be punctual for your appointment, otherwise your appointment will be forfeited.
For the following matters, appointments can be scheduled:
- Passport applications
- Passport collection
- Signature authentication
- Consular certification
- Name declarations
- Registration of births
- Registration of marriages
- Submission of applications in citizenship matters
- Collection of police clearance certificates
- Collection of driver's license
- Collection of name certificates / birth certificates / marriage certificates
- Collection of citizenship certificates / naturalization certificates / certificates for the retention of German citizenship
- Application for national visas for the purpose of family reunification, work, study (exclusively for these purposes)
At the Consulate General in Cape Town appointments for signature authentication, consular certification, as well as applications in citizenship matters also have to be scheduled individually.
In principle no services can be offered for other matters at this moment, particularly for:
- Life certificates
- Visa applications for other purposes than: family reunification, work or study