For each service it is imperative to schedule an appointment. Appointments can only be scheduled for up to 4 weeks in advance. Should you not be able to schedule an appointment due to no slot being available, please continue trying on a daily basis.
Please only schedule appointments for very urgent matters.
In order to maintain “social distancing” at all times, please be punctual for your appointment, otherwise your appointment will be forfeited.
For the following matters, appointments can be scheduled:
- Urgent passport applications
- Passport collection
- Urgent signature authentication
- Urgent consular certification
(e.g certificate required for relocation to Germany)
- Urgent name declarations
- Collection of police clearence certificate
- Collection of driver's license
- Collection of name certificate / birth certificate / marriage certificate
- Collection of citizenship certificates / naturalization certificates / certificates for the retention of German citizenship
- Application for national visas for the purpose of family reunification, work, study (exclusively for these purposes)
In principle no services can be offered for other matters under level 3, these include:
- Life certificates
- Registration of marriages
- Registration of births
- Applications for citizenship matters
- All visa applications (except those for family reunification, work, study)
Please note that it is each person’s own responsibility to comply with the South African lockdown regulations when travelling to the Embassy/Consulate in order to attend a scheduled appointment.
Important: In general no interprovincial travel is permitted at the moment.