Please submit your application for a Schengen Visa to the representative of the country which is your main destination - considering length and purpose of your intended stay. If no such main destination can be ascertained, please contact the representative of the country of your first entry into the Schengen Area.
Please use the following link to be guided through the application process:
Checklist, Fees, FAQs and Opening Hours
The visa fees for the different categories varies between 60,00 Euro and 75,00 Euro as listed below, payable in cash (South African Rand) or by credit card (Master and Visa cards only - NO debit cards accepted) upon application. Additional charges by your bank may apply when using a credit card.
The visa fees are determined according to §46 AufenthV, set in Euro, but are to be paid in South African Rand. The approximate Rand value of the visa will be determined by the exchange rate on the day.
Visa fees for various categories are as follows:
- Schengen Visa (stays of duration less than 90 days, category A, C): 60,00 Euro
- Minors between the age of 6 and 12: 35,00 Euro
- National Visa (Germany, stays of duration more than 90 days, category D): 75,00 Euro
- Minors between the age of 6 and 12: 37,50 Euro
Following applicants are exempted from the above-mentioned visa fee:
- Children under the age of 6
- Spouses of German citizens (a copy of their (unabridged) marriage certificate and a copy of the German spouse's passport are required)
- Spouses of EU-citizens if traveling with their EU-spouse (a copy of their (unabridged) marriage certificate and a copy of the EU-spouse's passport are required)
- Minors of EU-citizens ( a copy of the (unabridged) birth certificate and a copy of the EU-parent's passport are required)
- Scholars, students, teachers requiring the visa for studies/further educational purposes
- Researchers, who require the visa for conducting researches and/or for research related purposes
- Invitees of German government organisations
- Members of diplomatic missions stationed in Germany, consular representatives and international organisations, including their spouses and children (not older than 27 years)
All documentation requirements for a successful application need to be met, despite exemption from fees (see requirement sheets). No fees will be refunded, in cases of denials/refusals. The visa fee is not a “granting“ but processing fee.
Please note: Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care, we can not accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.