The competition is open to the general public residing in South Africa. Employees of the German Foreign Office or affiliated with any Institution of the Federal Republic of Germany are not eligible for any of the prizes.
1. Administrator: The Administrator of this competition is the German Embassy Pretoria (called “The Administrator” in the following), 201 Florence Ribeiro Avenue, Groenkloof, Pretoria, South Africa.
2. How To Enter: Any individual, older than 18 years of age, residing in South Africa, submitting their artwork/submission will be entered into the competition, if he/she provides all relevant, requested details. One entry per person only. The Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process; violates the official rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. By entering, the entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules.
3. Prizes: Via jury decision for each entry category one entrant or several entrants will win a prize as stated in the application criteria stated on the competitions website at www.southafrica.diplo.de/competition. The Administrator reserves the right to any final decision with regard to contest rules and rule changes, and to the prizes awarded to the winners. Prizes may not be endorsed, transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Administrator’s sole discretion. Specifics of the prizes are subject to change in Administrator’s sole discretion. The Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the awarded prize is unavailable for any reason.
4. Winner Selection: Each entrant must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A winner will be selected from all eligible entries received. Decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the selection.
The Administrator assumes no responsibility/liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. In the event that the winner is unable to comply with the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, the administrator reserves the right to deem such individual ineligible and to select a new winner from among the remaining entries. Submissions will close on Sunday, 10 October 2021, 24:00 hours.
5. Notification: Winners will be notified via the e-mail address entered by the user, however if there is no response within a week of notification, the entry will be considered invalid.
Winners will have to redeem the prize at the German Embassy Pretoria. The Administrator will provide address and pick-up details to the winner. If prize is not collected within eight weeks of arranged pick-up date, the winner’s rights to the prize will be forfeited.
6. General Rules: The Administrator is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this competition which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest. The Administrator reserves the right to cancel the promotion if it becomes technically corrupted, and award prize from eligible entries received prior to cancellation. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Administrator in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of South Africa, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. The Administrator does not submit to the jurisdiction of a South African court, and does not waive its sovereign immunity by entering into this Agreement or submitting to a dispute resolution mechanism. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINSTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. Privacy Notice: Winners will be asked for a full name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. By submitting a contribution, the entrant agrees to state the data inquired correctly and completely once receiving communication about a win. The Administrator reserves the right to remove any entrant from the competition not complying with these terms without prior notice. The contact information provided by entrant are to enable the Administrator to contact you in case of technical problems or if entrant is selected a winner. The Administrator values the privacy of entrants and will use entrant data only for the purposes described above. In particular, the Administrator will not pass on the data to third parties without the prior consent of the entrant.
8. Winners: The names and pictures of the prize winners may be published on the Administrator’s social media accounts, as well as the websites and social media accounts of the German Foreign Office. During the hand-over, the winner agrees to have a picture taken with him/her and the prize.
9. Any recourse to courts of law excluded.