The German Foreign Office’s Climate Fund supports projects in the areas of climate change mitigation, adaptation and biodiversity.
Who can apply?
- Non-governmental multipliers (economy, science, civil society)
- Applicants and implementing organizations must be based in South Africa
- The financial scope of the projects should be between 10,000 Euro and 50,000 Euro
- Applicants need to contribute financially or by in kind contribution/staff
- Activities may include workshops, panel discussions, seminars and webinars, information and knowhow exchanges, awareness raising, participatory actions and similar formats;
- It is also encouraged to combine several smaller projects in one overall concept and Framework.
The projects should:
- Take a look at the impacts of climate change, biodiversity degradation, pollution of water and the natural environment and seek to support integrated solutions;
- Consider the consequences of the above negative trends with regard to global security, human rights and migration;
- Take into account relevant international processes and agreements (e.g. UNFCCC, UNCBD).
Applicants are expected to:
- Complete the project within the year 2022
- Design projects compatible to COVID-19 regulations (virtual formats)
- Define clear goals and deliverables that allow for monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide a detailed financial plan
- Provide information on planned outreach activities and media Coverage
Please submit the following documents
- Application form signed by two responsible employees of the submitting institution or designated persons in charge of the Project
- Detailed description of the planned project, including goals and objectives, target group(s), deliverables,
- If applicable: Cooperation with other Partners
The Embassy will do an initial screening and, if the above criteria are met, submit your proposal to the German Federal Foreign Office’s headquarter, where the selection process will be completed.
Please be aware – should you be chosen – that the funds will only be available from July 2022.
Please submit your proposal via E-Mail by 10th April 2022 to: email@example.com