The German Bundestag is once again offering politically interested young people from South Africa, Botswana and Namibia the opportunity to get to know the German parliamentary system first-hand. As part of the IPS, participants complete a four-week special program in Berlin, which uses lectures, workshops and seminars to teach the principles of German parliamentary democracy and the workings and functions of Parliament. Remembrance culture, protection of minorities and pluralistic society are key issues dealt with during the IPS.
The core of the program is a one-week internship in the office of a Member of the Bundestag. Participants are encouraged to develop their own project ideas for promoting democracy and strengthening civil society after returning to their home countries.
The scholarship includes:
- Free accommodation,
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin,
- Costs for health, accident and liability insurance,
- A one-time payment of 550 Euro.
The IPS will take place from January 1-31, 2023.
The requirements for an application are that you:
- are younger than 30 years of age at the beginning of the scholarship,
- hold the nationality of one of the three participating countries,
- demonstrate a very good knowledge of German (at least level B2 of the Common European Framework),
- show interest in political contexts as well as social or political commitment.
For more information on the modalities of the application please click here.
Please submit your complete application by 30 September 2022 via E-Mail to: email@example.com.